Monday, January 2, 2012

New Zealand Travel Adventure Days 16 - 18 - Isn't this how everyone spends the first few days of the year?


Doesn't everyone spend the first few days of the New Year on the beach? That's what we did for New Year's Day. I have to admit, if given the choice between a day of football and a day of sitting on the beach, I'll take sitting on the beach for New Year's every time.On January 2nd, we went to Founders Heritage Park. It's a brewery and historical area where they've relocated a bunch of old buildings.
The boys really enjoyed seeing the old fire engines.
They had an old plance that the boys could walk through.
In the maritime center, they had lots of models of old ships.
And Noah got to "fire a cannon."
Megan and I couldn't walk past a brewery without picking up our dessert for that night.

After exploring Founders Heritage Park, we went to Nelson for a little shopping. For lunch, I had my first ever crepe and thought I needed to document this historic occassion with a picture. I mean, seriously, how many times will an American eat a French specialty (with meat in the middle and tomato sauce on top, so it had a very Italian flavor) in New Zealand.
Today, we headed over to our friends, the Slinns, beach house. Noah got to throw rocks in the water, which made him a very happy boy.
The boys got to go for a ride in the boat.
Here's an idea of the view from the boat. Not too bad.
Megan celebrated as the fishing champion on the day.
Cameron finished strong though, by pulling in two flounders, even though he wouldn't really touch them.
All in all, just another great couple of days. I can't believe it's almost over for me and Cameron though.

No comments: