Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Back to Reality

Last week Noah and I arrived home into the loving arms of our family and friends. While excited to be home, we were very sad to leave our wonderful NZ family and friends, not to mention the sunshine. However, since coming home, I have had a few moments to reflect on what an amazing journey we had been on. I mean, when I walked out of Aunty Pam's house the last time I visited in 2003, I had no idea it would be 8 years until I would return. I also had no idea that the next time I would walk into that house I would have a husband and 2 children in tow. God has blessed me beyond belief in those 8 years. My goal is that it will not be another 8 years before we step on New Zealand soil again. It is really important to me that the boys all know where a portion of my heart lies and I want them to be able to remember what a special place New Zealand is. We all had a wonderful time and we are excited at the prospect of returning someday to have more adventures with our amazing family and friends who live there.

With our lovely friends Pixie and Bill Gourley who so graciously allowed us to spend a day on their farm.

Our last day with Aunty Pam


Noah's 2 favorite NZ friends. Tania Slinn and Shan Gourley. Hopefully they will come visit us soon!!!


Me with some of my friends, Shan, Tania, Kath, and Nadia


Us with Jeanne and Peter Slinn. They might as well be family.


Noah and I had a little bit of a hard time adjusting to the time change once we returned but we are back on schedule now. He is having a harder time adjusting to the cold weather than I am. He even hesitates to sit in his car seat these days because he says "it's too cold in there." The most exciting change in Noah's schedule is that today marks his first day of preschool!! He is going to go to preschool at our church two times a week from 9-12. He is such a Momma's boy and he may cry everyday when I drop him off but I know it's going to be so good for him. I am probably more excited than anyone because that means I get 3 full hours of peace and quiet every Tuesday and Thursday.

Noah's first day of school!!!




Those quiet hours are needed considering the hectic schedule we tend to keep these days. I kept telling myself that once we returned home from this big trip, our lives would slow down and things would return to normal. I think I just have to accept the fact that normal means a full calendar. Stuart and Cam are busier than ever with boy scouts and before we know it soccer season will be upon us. I have been out and about selling Thirty-One (which has been amazingly fun) and that means I will be making several trips to Indy and Washington before the month is out. On top of that, we are waiting on the arrival of another niece or nephew any day now (hurry up Stacey and Mo!!!).

So, that is what is happening in our lives right now. Among our many goals for 2012 lies the desire to resurrect this blog and keep everyone updated on what's happening. May God bless all of you in 2012. He is good all the time!!!

No comments: